TikTok is one of the fastest growing social platforms, especially among Gen Z and Millennials, and collaborating with influencers who have sway over audiences you want to reach is a solid marketing strategy. But how do you find the right influencers and make sure any partnership is a win-win? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to identify influencers that match your brand, evaluate their audience and engagement, reach out to them, and structure an influencer marketing campaign that benefits you both. TikTok influencer marketing doesn’t have to be complicated if you go in with a plan. Let’s dive in!
How to Find the Right TikTok Influencers for Your Brand
Finding the right TikTok influencers for your brand is key to a successful influencer marketing campaign. Here are some tips to help you locate influencers that are the perfect match:
- Search for influencers in your niche: If you sell makeup, look for beauty influencers. If you have an outdoor clothing brand, find influencers that create content around hiking, camping or other outdoor activities. Their followers will likely be interested in your products.
- Check their follower count and engagement: Influencers with 5,000 to 100,000 followers typically have high engagement and may be open to collaborating with smaller brands. Those with 100,000 to 1 million followers receive many requests, so make sure you have a compelling offer. Over 1 million followers means major influencer – be prepared to negotiate!
- Review their content: See what kind of videos they post and if their style matches your brand’s image. Do they regularly feature products? Do their followers seem genuinely interested in their recommendations? Make sure any influencer you work with is creating authentic, high-quality content.
- Reach out and build a relationship: Comment on their videos, engage with them, and message them to express your interest in collaborating. Be professional yet friendly. Explain why you think they’d be a great fit and how you can help them create content for their followers. If they seem interested, discuss details around compensation, product, creative freedom, and more.
Reach Out to TikTok Influencers the Right Way
Once you’ve identified influencers you want to work with, it’s time to reach out. But don’t just send a generic DM—put some thought into your approach. Here are some tips for contacting TikTok influencers the right way:
Do Your Research
Make sure you understand the influencer’s brand and content before messaging them. Watch their recent TikToks and see what their followers enjoy. Come up with some ideas for how you might collaborate in a way that resonates with their audience. Mentioning something specific you like about their channel will show you’re genuinely interested in working together.
Be Personal and Polite
Influencers get a lot of impersonal requests, so take the time to craft a personal message. Politely introduce yourself and your brand, explain why you think they’d be a great partner, and suggest one or two collaboration ideas. For example, “Hi [Influencer Name], my name is [Your Name] and I work with [Your Company]. I’m a big fan of your TikTok channel and think your fun, creative style would pair well with our brand. Would you be open to creating a TikTok featuring our product in your own unique way?”
Discuss the Details
If an influencer expresses interest, schedule a call to hash out the details. Be prepared to discuss their rates, how much creative freedom they prefer, and your goals or key messaging for the campaign. Come ready to negotiate in good faith—top influencers can charge $500-$5,000 or more for a single TikTok, depending on factors like their number of followers and engagement.
Provide the Resources They Need
Once you’ve reached an agreement, provide any products, information, or other resources the influencer needs to create content featuring your brand. Be available to answer any questions they have to ensure the best possible results.
Amplify and Track Performance
Ask the influencer to share the TikTok on their channel so you can both promote it, and track metrics like views, likes, comments, and shares. Look for opportunities to engage with followers by liking and commenting on the video. Measure the impact to determine if you’d like to work with that influencer again in the future.
Negotiating a Successful TikTok Influencer Collaboration
Once you’ve found the right TikTok influencers for your brand, it’s time to negotiate the details of your collaboration. A successful partnership requires clear communication and mutual understanding.
Define Goals and Expectations
Discuss what you both hope to achieve from the collaboration. Do you want to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or boost sales of a new product? Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, and realistic. Also determine how the influencer intends to create and promote your content. Will they post on TikTok? Instagram? YouTube as well? Discussing these details upfront will ensure you’re both on the same page.
- Be flexible and open to the influencer’s creative suggestions. They know their audience best! But don’t be afraid to speak up if something doesn’t feel authentic to your brand.
- Provide any product information, brand assets or other resources to help the influencer. The more they know about your brand, the better the content will be.
For most influencers, a sponsored TikTok campaign means compensation in the form of money, free product, or a combination of both. Be prepared to negotiate based on the influencer’s following size, engagement, and your campaign goals.
- Smaller influencers (10K to 100K followers) may charge $200 to $1,000 per post. Mid-sized influencers (100K to 1M followers) $1,000 to $5,000 per post. Large influencers (1M+ followers) $5,000 per post and beyond.
- If providing free product, make sure the value is comparable to the influencer’s normal rates and covers the time needed to create content.
- Consider offering an incentive like a commission on any sales generated from the influencer’s promo code or content. This motivates them to drive real results for your brand!
Track Performance and Engagement
Once your campaign launches, closely monitor how the influencer’s content is performing in terms of views, likes, comments, shares, traffic, and conversions. This data will help determine the success of your collaboration and guide future TikTok influencer partnerships. Engage with the influencer and their followers in the comments to boost visibility and generate buzz. A little interaction goes a long way! Negotiating with big influencers can be daunting sometimes. They can charge you a fortune! That’s why I recommend you buy a large following base if you don’t want to break the bank. TikTokstorm will help you build your follower base on TikTok.
So there you have it, the steps to connect with TikTok influencers and run a successful collaboration campaign. Finding the right influencers, building relationships, and crafting authentic partnerships will get you far. Remember, influencer marketing on TikTok is all about being genuine and creating value for followers. If you can do that, your brand will be well on its way to reaching new audiences and achieving your marketing goals. The key is simply to start – search for relevant hashtags, engage with influencers you like, and reach out with a personal message.