Online education has become the new normal for students during the lockdown in India. Now, schools and colleges are relying on online modes of teaching to maintain the continuity of education. So, to continue this, schools are launching apps and conducting online classes over Microsoft Team Meeting or Zoom and sending interactive worksheets and videos for learning.
The adoption of online education has made tens of thousands of students glued to their computers and smartphones. Both teachers and students entered a new world of virtual lectures, tutorials and assessments. Online learning has taken centre stage in a student’s life. These online classes during lockdown have helped students more than ever before.
In this era of digitalisation, students can easily find required study resources from various online websites. These resources can be sample papers, notes, last year papers, important questions, and essays on different topics such as essay on India, peace essay, etc. Most education boards refer these online websites to their students for practice purposes.
Education boards such as CBSE, ICSE and other State Boards adopted online education for the academic session of 2020-21. Students can now sit and learn from the comfort of their homes and submit their assignments online.
Benefits of Online Learning
- One of the positive effects of online education is that students become more proficient in using modern technology. They are now exposed to various apps and programs. The knowledge of students related to computers and smartphones is getting enhanced. Along with academic learning, students also get to learn about technology during the lockdown.
- Online classroom systems help students to access all relevant information on one platform. Due to this, interaction has become much more comfortable between the school, teachers and students. Teachers can share all helpful information online and preserve it securely in an electronic archive. If students encounter any doubt, they can easily view these records and resolve them instantly.
- In online classes, students’ performance and learning ability are easily trackable. The data of every student is stored individually, and teachers can easily track the students’ performance. This helps teachers to understand the learning ability of the students.
- Due to this pandemic, schools are forced to adopt online classes, improving students’ attendance. Now, students don’t have to travel to their school to attend classes, and they love the concept of online classes. There is a significant improvement in participation and interaction.
- Another benefit of online classes is that assessment is an ongoing process. Online classes have increased student engagement, as there is no peer distraction. There is increased involvement of students in asking doubts and initiating an interaction. It is believed that some concepts are better taught online.
Someone has rightly stated that learning should not stop even at the time of crisis. Various digital platforms have kept the learning process intact even at this time. Teachers and students can access these digital platforms to enable constant learning from the comfort of their homes. Now, because of the online classes, students can keep in touch with their faculties through various online platforms like Google Classroom, Hangouts, Zoom, etc.
Online education makes the learning process easier and more accessible by sitting anywhere in the world. Now, students can download crucial study materials like essay on newspaper, textbooks, syllabus, etc., from their respective education boards. In conclusion, we can say that online classrooms have become a new part of students’ lives. Almost all educational institutions have started the current academic session via online classrooms. Online education is adopted by significant boards like ICSE and CBSE and various State Boards such as Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, Maharashtra Board, etc